Monday, February 07, 2005

2:29 AM

Ooo! Shopping!!!!

I've been doing some online book shopping, as I have money to spend on books and can't stand the hole its burning in my pocket any longer.

The problem with online book shopping is that there are so many books to choose from (any book shopping really), so I'm having a hard time deciding between a few of them. I've been looking up graphic novels -- I love graphic novels. And Charles Vess is one of my favourite illustrators -- I looked for a decent copy of the illustrated "Stardust" on Chapters (where I have to order from) but they didn't appear to have the same version as Amazon.

This is just a quick list of some of the various books I'm looking at purchasing...

    Zine Scene by Francesca Lia Block -- I have a few 'zine type projects in the works(ish) right now so this could only be helpful.

    The Rose and The Beast: Fairy Tales Retold by Francesca Lia Block. I actually haven't read anything by Block yet, but I've heard excellent things. Plus this is on sale (though temporarily unavailable to order, lame) so thats a plus.

    Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Album by Brian Froud. I have almost all of Brian Froud's books now. I lovelovelove his art. Uhm, and this is on sale. Yay!

    The Golden Book of Faerie by O.R. Melling. Seriously, y'all, I think you should know that Melling is awesome. I love her forever just for "The Singing Stone" alone. But she also did these other books, like "The Hunter's Moon", which is about two cousins, one from Canada and one from Ireland who decide one night to sleep on a faery mound. That book was followed by three sequels, the fourth being previously super hard to get. HOWEVER, now the entire series is wrapped up in a giant book. And is much cheaper online than bought in store. I am all about the cheapness this shopping trip.

    The Walking Dead Volume One: Days Gone Bye by Robert Kirkman. I love zombies. It is super, super hard to find a decent zombie book, too. In all honesty, the only thing that ever came close was el's "The Rising", and even that was GOD AWFULLY HORRIBLE NEVER READ IT. So I am walking into this thing with a lot of faith in Mr. Kirkman. I'm hoping that by blending the visual with the written I'll finally be able to find a decent zombie tale thats not in movie form.

    Circle of Cats by Charles de Lint. I find Charles de Lint iffy. Or at least my seventeen year old self did. I'm totally ready to give him another chance -- based on the fact that the short stories I read back then affected me enough so that I still remember most of them and because the man is using Charles Vess for his covers. His books though? Damn expensive. Lets have sale, Chapters, 'kay?

    Faery Reel by Various People. More faery type stories.



Anyways, all of this shopping has worn me out. (Very strenuous, online shopping.) Will post more later, maybe. Perhaps I might even buy Gaiman's Death: The High Cost of Living. What books are you guys (yes, other people might someday post on this, too, so I look like less of a loser. Yes, I am totally looking at you.) wanting to buy book-wise?

11 Comments:

I love the library!! I would totally be getting all my books from there, except that I never take them back on time and as such have an astronomical late charge there. (Which I'm hoping has somehow miraculously disappeared.)

Oh! And its totally cool that you commented. And hurray for me for not replying back until like, a gajillion days later.

By Blogger Sarah Sovereign, at 1:40 PM  

Hola Blogger!! I was just reading your posts and wanted to comment. I stumbled upon your Blog when I was looking for love spells for marriage but who knew I'd find such cool reads. I liked the Ooo! Shopping!!!! post, ha ha.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 PM  

Bloggerific! Ha ha. Anyhow, liked Ooo! Shopping!!!! and thought a stranger could say hi here. Found u and ur site when searching for love spells for marriage fyi. Cool stuff here, thanx Blogger.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 AM  

Hola Blogger!! I was just reading your posts and wanted to comment. I stumbled upon your Blog when I was looking for good love spells but who knew I'd find such cool reads. I liked the Ooo! Shopping!!!! post, ha ha.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 PM  

Blogger - Not exactly what I was looking for, was looking for quick love spells. But good reads here. Will stop back to check in and see what's new.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 AM  

Blogger, today I was looking
for a nice blog experience on purchasing wine online
and I found your website. Ooo! Shopping!!!!
wasn¹t exactly what I was looking for
but it did get my attention and
interest. I see why I arrived on your
excellent website when I was searching
for purchasing wine online related information and
I¹m glad I did even though its not an
exact fit. I¹ll contribute to your
website by leaving you with one of
my favorite wine quote from Thomas
Jefferson:: "Wine from long habit
has become an indispensable for
my health."--Thomas Jefferson

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 AM  

Hello Blogger, I¹m just searching
the web for the next big thing on
purchasing wine online and noticed your great site.
Although Ooo! Shopping!!!! wasn¹t actually
what I was looking for it DID get my
attention and interest. I see now
why I found your great website when
I was searching for purchasing wine online related
information and I¹m thankful I found
your blogsite even though its not
an exact match. Excellent Post,
thanks for the read (It¹s a keeper),
One last thing, here¹s an excellent
wine quote from Benjamin Franklin -
"Wine makes daily living easier,
less hurried, with fewer tensions and
more tolerance." - Franklin, Benjamin

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

Hey Blogger,

Your blog "Ooo! Shopping!!!!", leads me to believe you will find my information on our Best Career Wages site to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive wages site included ...

Actors Wages
Art Directors Wages
Artists Wages
Athletes Wages
Sports Competitors Wages
Audio Equipment Technicians Wages
Broadcast News Analysts Wages
Broadcast Technicians Wages.

We have many hundreds of "essential to read" articles on wages and career topics in addition to many other popular subjects in our Average Career Wages site.

Best Wishes
Emily

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 AM  

Hello there Blogger, I¹m out surfing
for a good blog experience on fine wine online
and found your great site. Although
Ooo! Shopping!!!! wasn¹t exactly what I¹m
looking for it certainly got my
attention and interest. I see now
why I found your excellent blog-site
when I was searching for fine wine online
related web sites and I¹m glad I
found your site even though its not
an exact match. I¹ll leave you with
a fine wine quote from Ernest Hemingway
- "Wine is the most civilized thing
in the world." --Hemingway, Ernest
Excellent Post, thank you for the read.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 PM  

Hi there Blogger, I¹m out surfing for
the latest information on wine gift basket and
found your great site. Although
Ooo! Shopping!!!! wasn¹t exactly what I
was looking for it certainly peaked
my interest. Now I see why I found your
page when I was looking for wine gift basket
related information and I¹m happy I
found your wine blog even though this
isn¹t a perfect match. Great Post,
thanks for the read, I will leave you
with one of my favorite wine quotes from
Julia Childs: "Wine is a living liquid
containing no preservatives. Its
life cycle comprises youth, maturity,
old age, and death. When not treated
with reasonable respect it will
sicken and die." - Julia Child

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

Got kids? SAVE to 70% on Name Brand Kids' clothes CLOSE OUTS...Moms and Dads buy all the GapKidsTM, ReebokTM, AdidasTM, OshkoshTM, GUESSTM, and other TOP BRANDS at "Magic Kids" 50 to 70% below retail store prices.(Resellers buy at 40 to 60% below wholesale) You'll save hundreds of dollars by simply ordering direct over the internet, 24/7, and avoid shopping hassles. See the Magic Kids online catalog of huge savings today Girls Boys Supplies Gift Certificates Infants & Toddlers Newborns Shoes Kids clothing - and your satisfaction of merchandise freshness and quality too, is guaranteed. Please write down your Discount Code of "MK25312-b1" to record on the Magic Kids site to get all special deals Girls Boys Supplies Gift Certificates Infants & Toddlers Newborns Shoes Kids clothing

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

11 fires burning
/
}

posted by // Sarah Sovereign


Cinder and Smoke
Some Whispers Around the Trees
The Juniper Bends
As If You Were Listening
With Ash In Your Mouth
You'll Ask It to Burn Again